Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy weekend

What a week!  Seven days, 80 some hours of work, little sleep, equals an amazing weekend of beautiful weddings.  Luckily, I was able to take Monday off to recuperate.  5am Saturday morning I was at Wisteria ready to set-up wedding number one in Lake Elmo.  By 7am we were at Starbucks charging up for the long day ahead for wedding number two.


The wedding was at the family home on lake Harriet in a white tent.  The wedding planner, Julia LaCroix, did an amazing job with every detail.  I'll let the pictures tell you the rest...

Ceremony:




The reception was in the same tent which means we had an hour and a half to change over the ceremony area.  Each of the ten tables had a different style arrangement.











It was a beautiful wedding.  But we weren't finished yet.  Sunday morning back in the shop by 5 o'clock to set up another wedding at the airport Hilton Hotel.  Finally, by 7:30pm I was free to rest and relax.

Today I had plans to treat myself to a manicure and stroll along Centennial Lakes, both of which never happened.  Instead I stayed home to sleep most of the day away and watched a two part BBC movie on Queen Elizabeth.  I guess I was more tired than I had thought.

Random thought: some things just don't get easier with time.  I don't care what "they" say, it's just not true.

Cute picture of my dog from today:

I burnt the pizza I was making for dinner so when the smoke detector went off she freaked out and hid under the grape vine in the back yard.  I love how sweet and timid she is.

This made me really sad:

I saw this bird tonight.  I got so close to him and he wouldn't fly away.  He looked very skinny and sick, plus his eye was puffy and red.  Poor thing.  I wanted to grab him and pet him but probably not the smartest thing if he is sick.  Hopefully he will be okay.

That is it for now.  I'm excited for what Deb and Audra have up there sleeves for me this Saturday.  I love surprises! 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the flowers. They look amazing! Hope you had a fun day with A and D :)

    ReplyDelete