Sunday, January 5, 2014

End of 2013

Looking back on 2013 I can see God's hand in every aspect of my life.  The year started out with some uncertainty but mostly hope for what the Lord was starting.  And I knew He was up to something.  I think the greatest thing when I look back is all of the amazing people He has put along my path in such a short amount of time.  2013 was awesome because I feel like my faith and character has been through the fire and as far as I can tell, I am coming out nice and shiny.  I know I have a ways to go but it is cool to be able to look back and say whoa, that's what that was about, and that's why I went through that.  And I am better for it all.  He really is faithful to afflict me (Psalm 119).  I wouldn't trade any of those hard experiences and trials for anything. 
 
By the time summer came along, I knew I was in a season of rest.  The Lord was telling me to soak it all in, have fun... because it is going to get hard again.  And it did.  It was like, for the first time in my life, I knew I was in a trial for my own good and the Holy Spirit was right there with me the whole time.  In the fall I decided to do a 40 day "spying out the land" prayer and fasting time.  I loved it! I felt so close to the Lord during that time.  I was expecting great things, big answers to prayer at the end of the 40 days.  But I also knew that if day 41 was the same as the day before, it would be okay.  I would keep on.  About two weeks later everything seemed to implode and I was loosing my grasp on His promises.  Why couldn't I get a break through?  Sometimes circumstances seem so overwhelming that I forget that I don't live by the same standards of the world.  The facts: I felt stuck, no idea what was ahead of me, no place to live, frustrated with certain things I won't mention here etc.  BUT! The Truth is: my God has a hope and a future for me!  This isn't the end of my story.  So after about a month of being stubborn and selfish, I decided to take back my land.  It might not be much, but it's mine and I wanted it back. 
 
My word that I prayed for to focus on in 2013 was "seek".  I sought out the Lord, the land, and His will.  I believe I am entering a new season of blessing and favor.  Praise God! He knows I have waited and prayed for direction for a while.  I think he is honoring my time of seeking.  I can not contain how excited I am about all these new things happening in my life.  And they are way better than anything I could have gotten for myself.  I am excited to see what He has in store for 2014.
 
But first here are some pictures from Thanksgiving through Christmas.
 
 
Michael made this awesome turkey from vegetables!

Juice from the turkey overflowed from the pan and started burning on the bottom of the oven and filled the house with smoke.  I couldn't breath there was so much smoke.


Natasha's birthday

Natasha and I made a trip down to Missouri

 

The Christmas Eve service at church was beautiful.  When we left church we walked out into a snow storm; it was very pretty though.

Bailey



1 comment:

  1. Love you, my friend, and I'm so happy to see you come through the fire stronger and purer. Here's to 2014 and all it brings with it!

    ReplyDelete