Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just being honest

My emotions are in full swing today. I feel like everyone is against me and doesn't care about me.  And to top it all off, I feel ugly! Even the lady on the phone at REI made me feel bad today. I want to crumple up into a tearful mess and sob, "Why me?!?"

I think this is one of those defining moments where I can disregard everything the Lord has been teaching me lately about managing my emotions and just feel sorry for myself and hide from the world until I "feel" like me again.
Or...
Or I can submit my feelings, reactions, and emotions to the Lord.  I can realize that everyone is not against me, it is just the way I am perceiving it through the "selfish glasses" I have on.  And I can re-focus on the Lord.

I will choose the latter.

Lord, here I am. Mold me, and make me more like You.  Change my emotions and thinking to glorify You.  Give me grace to overcome my emotions and to have victory in this area of my life.  Grace, grace. Oh Jesus help me.

Psalm 40:1-5, 8, 11, 17
I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps.  He has put a new song in my mouth- Praise to our God.  Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.  Many, O Lord, my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart.
Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord; let Your lovingkindess and Your truth continually preserve me.
But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me.  You are my help and my deliverer.

No comments:

Post a Comment