Saturday, March 3, 2012

This is only the beginning

I have been putting off starting this blog now for months because I do not know where to start. Also,  "you don't even have anything interesting to blog about!" has been a reoccurring thought for me.  But, what does it matter since I might only have a handful of sympathetic readers anyway? So my first blog post will be my random blah blah blah'ing about pretty much nothing.  At least it is a place to start. So, we will see if I have anything interesting to blog about or if this will turn out to be something my poor friends will have to put up with until I realize this was not a good idea.  But for now, I think this is a fabulous idea! I first started blogging when I left for Switzerland (how many?) years ago.  It was a way for me to document my time there and a place for friends and family to see what I was up to.  I loved it and it was a great outlet for me during lonely stressful times.  So what about now? I am neither lonely, stressful, or in Switzerland.  The stressful part depends on the day... which by the way today I am not, and I am daily working on that through the grace of God.  But I digress.  I enjoyed blogging while in Switzerland so much that I have often thought about starting again. So, here I am, hopefully with something interesting to say.

Hi! I am Sarah, and this is what I look like most days.  A few random things about me:
~I love my long, red, curly hair (not very visible in this picture).
~I am a princess... because my Father is The King. And coincidentally my name means princess.
~I love wearing fun colors of nail polish. Right now I am wearing a turquoise color.  I once had fun sporting a bright yellow color on my nails and had two responses that made me retire it to "toe" nail polish exclusively. The first was my dad who called it "guy repellent" haha, and a nurse friend of mine who told me she sees terminally ill patients with that color on their nails but it is natural. Yikes!
~I dread somebody asking me the question, "what do you like to do for fun?"
~I think stickers are alright, until they are stuck on something they should not be.  For example: windows, the floor, the wall, windows. Yuck! Especially when they start to peel off and you can see dust and crumbs sticking to the back. Double Yuck!

Purpose of this Blog:
Before I get too off track, let me explain myself.  I want this blog to be a place for my thoughts, ideas and things that I enjoy.  I named the blog I am the Moon after a Sara Groves song that inspired me. More on that later.  But more importantly, I want to stay up to date with people I do not see very much anymore.  I have friends that have married and moved away and some of them have blogs.  I love to read their blogs to see what is going on in their lives.  It makes me feel that even though we are far away, we are still connected. So if you are a friend far away, now you can stay updated on my exciting life. If you are stumbling upon my blog and have never met me before, I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment