Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Special Gift

Today I learned that I made a pretty big mistake at work.  I could not believe that I had overlooked something that I do all the time.  Because of this the result was not very pleasant and I felt horrible.   I gave it all over to the Lord,  "Lord you can take this from me, I don't want it!" was my prayer.  The Lord is definitely faithful. 

However, I was still feeling pretty bad for my mistake.  That is when the Lord reminded me just how good He is.  I was driving home from Rochester thinking about what had happened while quietly lifting up my prayer, "Help me Lord".  I was passing a truck when I looked over and noticed something out of the ordinary in the back of the truck... Goats!!! I love goats! Their gentle, goofy faces make my heart melt.  I don't know exactly what it is, but something about goats fills my heart with joy.  And there they were.  Staring at me out of the window of the truck.  Three goats each as cute as the next, just looking over at me gushing over their cuteness.  I just had to get a picture.  If you look closely you can see their little faces peering out the window:



The goat on the right looked like a baby.  Oh the cuteness!  There they were, looking at me and filling my heart with joy.  Then I realized, this was definitely a gift from my Heavenly Father.  No doubt about it, God was cheering me up with one of my favorite things.  Then I noticed the lyrics to the song playing in my cd player:
"Like a lily among thorns is My love.  Oh, Among the thorns, You bring beauty, You shine beauty to my eyes.  You are my delight. You make me glad." ~worship from IHOP

Among the thorns and bad things in life, He brings beauty.  He is like a beautiful flower in the middle of all the junk and hardships of life.  He brings me joy and peace.  Thank you Lord for this out of the ordinary strange gift today that cheered me up and brought joy to my heart when I needed it.  He is always faithful and always good. Oh, and He gives the best gifts ever!

1 comment:

  1. They were Gods signature to you. He loves to make us laugh and smile especially in trials and hardships. :)

    ReplyDelete