Monday, April 2, 2012

I am perfect

I love how God will highlight a verse to me while I'm reading the Word.  What is even better, is when He brings it back a few days later to remind me.  And it is always perfect timing!

 Last week Hebrews 10:14 jumped off the page at me, "For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Now I know I have read that before but, I guess I have always just thought that God is in the process of perfecting me and maybe one day I will get pretty close and when I die I will be perfect. But no! I am perfect now. Not tomorrow if I try a little harder, but right now. Not only that, but FOREVER I am perfect.  How did I not realize this before?

However, only a couple days later I completely forgot.  There I was, depressed and discouraged thinking this is just the way I am. I kept telling myself that my default emotion was to be depressed and hopefully one day I will have victory.  One day. 

 But once again God proved to me His faithfulness.  At church someone was testifying about being relentless when pressing in in prayer, being relentless for that healing, for that victory.  It really resonated with me.  That's when it hit me. God hit me, figuratively speaking.  "When you chose to follow me, when you were baptized and your sins were washed away, when you were washed clean by My son's blood... I made you perfect forever. You are being sanctified, but I call you clean. You are my perfect daughter forever!"  Whoa! Depression gone! Joy overflowing. It's that simple, that easy.  Just believing what He says about me instead of the lies of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment