Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lady 2.0

Today I brought my dog Lady in to be groomed.  Here she is this morning before I brought her in.  She gets pretty shaggy, I think that is the Boarder Collie in her.  

                                                                                                                                                                      
She looked pretty afraid in the car before we went inside.  Though, I can honestly say that I think it hurt me more than it did her.  She was terrified to leave me.  Her little furry body was shaking and her tail was tucked snugly between her legs. 

When it was time to hand her over to the groomer, Lady was not having it.  She was jumping up trying to get as close as she could to me.  I could imagine her saying in her doggy mind, "Momma, don't leave me! Don't let them take me!" It broke my heart! But I had to be strong.  I explained to Lady that she needed to be a good doggy, that everything was going to be okay and that I would be back to get her soon.  Of course, this was all for my own reassurance.  I prayed that the Holy Spirit would give her peace and keep her calm. 

Three hours later we had our happy reunion.  Lady's excitement to see me was the best feeling in the world at that moment.  She looks like a new and improved Lady.  The groomer said she was a very good dog and did well during the whole process. So here she is! All the extra fur gone and she is now sleek and soft.  Plus, minty fresh breath!
I swear Lady was so happy to be back with me she had a huge smile the whole ride home.  She stuck her head out the window the whole time to show off her new beautiful self to the neighborhood. 


When we got home she ran so fast to my dad and was so happy to see him... he is her favorite after all. :) 

We survived the groomer once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment